Monday, December 31, 2007

Favorite Posts of 2007

Here are some of the best posts of 2007, in various categories. Enjoy, and see you in 2008.

Best Humorous Posts
Bishops use "Cinderlla" method on the Motu Proprio
Hey, Constantine!
Is reincarnation real?

Post That Got the Most Comments
Medjugorje Messages (56 comments, mostly from two people arguing)

Most Widely-Read Posts
I'm back from Columbus (part 1)
I'm back from Columbus (part 2)

These two articles on NCYC, because they were picked up by Fr. Z, got us about 12,000 hits in one week and a bunch of attention for this blogpostolate.

Post(s) For Which I Received the Most Compliments
Where is the Ark of the Covenant? (whole series of 4 posts available on sidebar)

Biggest Dufus Profiled on this Blog
Professor Never Heard of Unam Sanctam

Best Post on Music
Protestant and Catholic Lyrics

Best Historical Posts
The Battle of Belgrade
Historicity of the Flood

Stupidest Story Covered in 2007
The Pope-Fire of Poland

Most Important Liturgical Posts
Well, was it abrogated or not?
Well, is there one rite or two?
Conversion to Traditionalism
Is Liturgy Really that Big a Deal?
Nature & Social Implications of the Liturgical Act
The Term "Extraordinary"

Some of My Personal Favorites
Saint Louis IX on Interreligious Dialogue
Is Sin Inevitable?
Hindus Terrorized and Killed by Their False Monkey-Gods
Blame it on the Ignorant Laity (an excellent post that goes through the Efficient, Formal, Final and Material Causes for the church crisis and debunks the myth of the pre-Vatican II "ignorant laity" and places the blame on the hierarchy instead)

Update: Anselm's Personal Favorite
Why Do So Many Catholics Believe in Penal Substitution? (also a series of related posts on soteriology available on the sidebar)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say, I love "Hey, Constantine!"

AquinaSavio said...

I just read those posts "I'm Back From Columbus." So sad, but it's so widespread. I am part of a Youth Group where we have some of the same problems, but to a much lesser degree. They have good intentions, of course...but I'm trying to introduce Traditionalism slowly. I plan to invite some of them to the Latin Mass in the near future. Please pray for my success. ;)